It’s no secret that Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandler work well together. In the 1998 rom-com “The Wedding Singer”, the two play their characters with such believable chemistry, it will go down in history as one of the best feel-good chick flicks for post-breakup comfort. While we’d love to also go into detail about their other two movies (“50 First Dates” and “Blended”- we strongly suggest checking these out if you haven’t), we’d like to focus on the classic film with the 80’s feel that has lessons in relationships that never go out of style. Here’s our list of five things we learned that still work for the 21st century.
1. Sometimes, a last name is a deal-breaker. And that’s okay.
2. One effective way to get over a breakup is through song.
3. There will be low points where everything you say is completely exaggerated and dramatic. You’ll recover, and you’ll see how ridiculous you were, which is beautiful.
4. Some break-ups are just meant to be, and you can’t beat yourself up over it. You just grow out of a person. And sometimes become allergic to them.
5. But you will find the person that has everything you’ve ever wanted. You really will.