Scammer Spotting Tips
No-one likes getting scammed.
Especially if you just came out of a relationship where you got scammed.
Here are some simple tips for scam-free shopping:
- Nigerian kings are not what they appear to be.
- Do not accept check payments.
- Do not give out your home address, passwords, email, bank information, social security number or other personal information like your bra size.
- If someone’s offering you more money than what you asked for, it’s probably, most likely, almost definitely a scam.
- If someone asks you to ship something to their cousin or sister or distant relative in Nigeria, it’s a little suspect.
- Some crafty people create fake PayPal emails. We suggest checking your PayPal account balance on their website before you ship.
- Do not accept wire transfers like Western Union or Moneygram. It’s got scam written all over it.
Just a little reminder, NEVER LIKED IT ANYWAY is not involved in the transaction itself. We don’t handle payments, guarantee transactions or offer buyer protection or seller certification. If someone says we certified them, it’s a lie.